AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Monday, December 7, 2009

Photos of the 6th Asia Pacific Triennial of Contemporary Art



Last Saturday was the opening of The 6th Asia Pacific Triennial Of Contemporary Art (APT6) For those who are not aware, this is something that Brisbane has been holding every three years since 1993.

The whole premise of APT is to form a closer bond with the countries within our Asia Pacific region, by commissioning and exhibiting works from artists living in said countries. In the past it has been the launch pad for up and coming artisans who would later on be highly successful.

I personally have been going to these exhibitions since 1999 and it's never failed to inspire me. I promised myself not to miss this year's opening weekend as they are always full of activities
and artist talks and I absolutely loved the APT6 line up!

These photos are some of the highlights that I found especially interesting - which makes for quite a bit actually. So grab a coffee or tea first and sit down to browse through my selections of must-sees.

GOMA Director ' Mr Tony Ellwood'

I just want to say that the photo's doesn't justify the true beauty of it in real life.

1 comment:

  1. WOW, there is some really awesome stuff here. I love the crystal elk/deer? Whichever animal it is it's very cool! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete