AddThis

Bookmark and Share

Sunday, December 13, 2009

When Easton met Pearson

For the people who know me, you will of course know that I can’t do a blog about Brisbane and fashion and not do at least one on Easton Pearson.

A Brisbane label that started in 1989, this year saw the 20th anniversary of Easton Pearson, which in any industry, let alone fashion, is a milestone.

The way they celebrated was to hold a 20-year retrospective at the Gallery Of Modern Art here in Brisbane.

The exhibition opened on the 28th of November with a very fanciful cocktail party and because it was inconjunction with the start of the annual Brisbane Fashion Festival, everyone who was anyone, or at least thought they were was there. In other words there was a lot of people in attendance.

I definitely thought It was the highlight of the festival.

The exhibition ended last Sunday, but I managed to return a few days before for one last look and brought along my camera to photograph some of my favourite outfits.

So without further ado, here are my photos (I’m still not great with my manual camera and there was no flash allowed)!

"the top is made entirely out of metal sequins and skirt is silk tafetta with metal sequin detailing"
metal sequin outfit<span class=

"I call this "The African Princess dress" "<span class=

"I call this "The flamenco dress"<span class=

"Love it"<span class=
"Just a random shot but I do like that coat dress "<span class=

No comments:

Post a Comment